If you’re like millions of others you probably use MySpace on a regular basis. On top of it, especially if you’re a female in the midst of MySpace’s sea of people you’re very concerned with privacy.
There are numerous ways for people to find information about other members. It could be something as inconspicuous as a friend of yours or yourself putting up parts of an IM conversation exposing your username to strangers you don’t want seeing it. With the great search tool we’ve all heard of, known as Google, a lot can be found out from simply doing a search on that username. Especially if you sign up a lot of services online using that username. People could easily find other sites you belong to where you may not be protecting your privacy as well. And if you give out your name on any one of these other sites and then your hometown and state on another people could put two and two together and actually find your phone number and home address. Don’t get all freaked out though since the person to go that far is a rarity and the average user on MySpace doesn’t have the skill and understanding to do such deep searches. But it’s better to be prepared than to not do anything at all.
If you’re under 18 or just do not want random people adding you just make your profile private.
- To do so sign in and the My Account button towards the upper-right side of the screen right before Sign Out
- Click the fourth link labeled Privacy
- Under Profile Viewable By choose My Friends Only.
If you’re not wanting to go that far in keeping that far in keeping your privacy the first thing i recommend is keeping all personally identifiable information off of your profile page. Under the privacy setting i also suggest you turn off allowing people to email your photos, make all your photo albums friends only and maybe even turn off showing your birthday.
Most of all make sure you put your actual age on your page because they think they will not receive any torguard coupon code if they are over aged and let me clear its totally myth. Most guys on MySpace are horrible at judging age, especially through photos online, and they don’t want to be contacting under-age females. So be honest and don’t make your age on your profile page make you seem older than you really are. The best way to avoid all the creeps on MySpace though is to use your best judgement. If it seems like some person you don’t know is writing like they’re trying to pull information from you don’t fall for it. They may seem like the nicest person online but that’s not always the case in real life. So just be smart about socializing online. It’s a great thing as long as you think and understand the dangers well.
With the integration of computers in our lives, it is really important that we pay attention to the security and safety of our data. There are several simple tips that you can follow in order to make sure that you keep your data safe from online threats.
- Enable Automatic Updates This should be your first step in order to make your online experience safe. With these automatic updates, you get the latest security patches such as liutilities malware library that are really useful to tackle online attacks. You also get the latest software updates that improve the overall efficiency of your device. However, since a lot of data is consumed with these updates many people turn this feature off. This way they compromise with their security as well.
- Using Anti-virus and Anti-Malware This is the simplest way through which you can improve your data security. You get excellent virus protection with the latest and updated anti-virus programs which is why it is a really good idea to invest in a decent anti-virus and anti-malware software. You also get Windows Defender and Windows Firewall that are already there in your operating system, however, for advanced protection you should rely on a decent anti-virus program.
- Password Creation and Storage It is really important that you create strong and complex passwords that you with your online accounts in order to make it difficult for hackers to crack it. In addition to that, you should also install software and extensions that allow you to automate this process so that you never type your password in front of other people. But make sure to choose a credible software for such things.
- Physical Presence It is really important that you never leave your laptop or computer unattended as it is really easy for hackers to gain access to your sensitive data at that time. This is why as you leave your device unattended, make sure to lock it so that no can access it.
- Spam Emails
Lastly, you should always pay attention to the emails and messages that you open online. As these fishy emails and messages often contain viruses and malware that can affect your device.